Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships 2023-24, McGill University, Canada
Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024
Established in 2000 through a very generous gift from Dr. Richard H. Tomlinson, these fellowships are awarded annually by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) to recruit outstanding students into Doctoral degree programs. They are GPS’ most prestigious internal award. Tomlinson Scholars usually go on to win other prestigious awards like Vaniers or CGSDs.
Value & Duration
- Deadline for candidates to submit to unit – Confirm with unit
- Deadline for units to submit to GPS – May 25, 2023
- Results Announced – July 2023
- The Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships are for incoming students accepted into a doctoral degree at McGill University with a start date of Fall 2023. Students currently enrolled at McGill, or whose latest degree was completed or in progress at McGill, are ineligible. Former McGill students who later completed a graduate degree elsewhere may apply. Visiting students at McGill, who are completing the requirements for a degree from another university, may apply.
- Only applicants with a first class academic record. McGill considers a first class GPA to be 3.7 (or 3.5 in Law) in each of the last two (2) years of full-time study at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
Application Process and Required Documents
Applicants must submit their application package to the department/academic unit where they intend to study. An internal deadline that is earlier than the GPS deadline may apply. Please contact your department directly for more information about the submission process.
Your application package must include:
- The Application Form
- Two letters of reference
- Provide letters from two external referees commenting on the applicant’s academic/research accomplishments and potential. Referees to send the letters directly to the academic unit.
- Proposed supervisor’s statement commenting on:
- how the applicant’s proposed project integrates with the supervisor’s research program;
- source(s) of funding available for the research program; and
- available resources, such as space, facilities, equipment, and access to required expertise.
- All official transcripts or certified copies from university level studies (graduate and undergraduate)
Applicants must already have an admissions letter and a funding letter.
If selected, your department/academic unit will submit your application package along with the other required documents to GPS on your behalf. Application documents should not be submitted directly to GPS.
For Faculty and Staff: Nomination process is available on the Faculty and Staff website. Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships
Note: Tomlinson Scholars who accept a fellowship from an agency external to McGill (federal or provincial) will be entitled to one-half the full value of the Tomlinson Fellowship up to a maximum of $50,000 total, per year.
Source / More information: Official Website HERE.