How to recover hacked and locked Facebook account
There are a lot of scammers on the internet hacking peoples’ Facebook accounts. Take security cautions so that you won’t be a victim. In this article I will teach you to secure your account and how to recover your hacked Facebook account.
How to Secure you Facebook account
To secure your Facebook account from scammers then, you have to do the following;
- Add two phone numbers
- Add two email addresses
- Use a strong password, words, numbers and symbols combination
- Don’t disclose your password to anyone.
- Turn on the Two-factor verification for both phone number and email
- Upload a national ID card
- Keep your passoword safe by writing it somewhere.
- Search on google Accessing and Downloading Facebook Information
- Select account access troubleshoot
- Click on next
- Select My Account has been hacked
- Click send
You will see first option my account has been hacked, you have to click on it.
Step by step guide to recover hacked Facebook account in 2022
- Click on next and then you will see ‘if you think your account was hacked, you can secure it by going to the help center. Click on it.
- Here you will see hacked account options. First option; I think my Facebook account was hacked or someone is using it without my permission.
- Then, here you will see try guided help.
- Click on get started and then from here you have to select someone gained access to my account
- Scroll down where you see two options; Yes, I can still login
- Second option No, I can’t login
- You have to select the second option
- Scroll down and then Facebook will ask you, do you have access to the phone number or email address associated with the account.
- You have to select the second option, that says ‘no I don’t have access
- Scroll down and then you will see a link, you have to click on it
- Now here you have to search your account the hacker has already change the phone number and email address
- Click on search by email or name instead.
- Now, here you have to type your Facebook display name
- Click on search and then here Facebook will show you may option if you can’t see your account, you have to scroll down and click on ‘am not in the list’
How do Facebook accounts get hacked?
Through your email account. First, they’ll get access to your email because of a weak password, then do a password reset on Facebook and begin to reclaim the account as theirs. From there, they can message your friends, gain access to your personal information and more, How to recover hacked and locked Facebook account.
Can I check if my Facebook has been hacked?
Your account may have been hacked if you notice: Your email or password have changed. Your name or birthday have changed. Friend requests have been sent to people you don’t know.
What happens if your Facebook account is hacked?
If your account has been compromised, it likely has been used to contact people in your friends list. You’ll need to tell them not to trust any links or install any apps that you had sent them — via wall postings, Facebook messages or Facebook email — while the intruder had control of your account.
Who can I contact about my Facebook being hacked?
If you think someone else who works on your Page was hacked, please tell them to go to the Hacked Accounts section of the Help Center to get immediate help. You can also file a report.
Thank you for reading this article on how to recover hacked Facebook account.